Apply to be a FAW portal Research Champion!
We’re looking for enthusiastic researchers to take on the role of Research Champion for the FAW research collaboration portal for one of our six key research areas:
- Biological Control
- Biology, Monitoring, Surveillance and Scouting
- Cultural Control and Agro-ecology Management
- Environmentally Safe Pesticides and Pesticide Risk Management
- Host Plant Resistance – Socio-economics
- Impact Assessment
Each of the Research Champions will spend time on the portal, responding to posts and comments related to their respective research field and encouraging others to participate. Besides the benefits to the research effort, Research Champions will also benefit from:
- Forming direct connections with FAW researchers
- Gaining in-depth awareness of other research projects
- Developing skills in moderation and stimulating discussions
- Participation in technical discussions
This opportunity is ideally suited to enthusiastic individuals actively engaged in FAW research and passionate about open science. The role is flexible, with delivery focused on impact within the portal, and Research Champions will be offered a small honorarium payment for their involvement. The roles will be active for 2 months initially, with a possible extension, and Research Champions will receive full training on use of the site, and will have the support of the project team at CABI. If you are interested in applying to be a Research Champion, please send a CV and a short paragraph to explain why you are well suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday November 23rd 2020, 17:00 GMT.
More details about the role can be found here – https://faw.researchcollaborationportal.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FAWRCP-Research-Champion-role.pdf